Jessie's Adventures

Friday, April 21, 2006

Au Revoir


Since mom passed away, this is her final blog entry made by me, her son Michael. Please enjoy these pages while they are still online. Also, you can see a post dedicated to Jessie on Paris Daily Photo. Thanks Eric!


I have also established the Jessie J. Salone Memorial Nursing Education Fund which will be dedicated to the training of nurses in the area of patient satisfaction and care. If you would like, donations will be appreciated. Thank you! (For the wary blogger, this is legit!)

You may make donations online by clicking here and entering JJ Salone Memorial Nursing Education Fund in the appropriate box.

Or by check to:

Memorial Foundation
3711 Garfield Street
Hollywood, FL 33021 USA
For: JJ Salone Memorial Nursing Education Fund
954-985-3454 (tel) / 954-966-6750 (fax)


Or via wire transfer:

Wire Instructions
Wachovia Bank ABA # 031201467130
South Juniper Street
Account # 2000003418367
Mail Code PA1303
Account Name: SEI Private Trust Company
Philadelphia, PA 19109
For Further Credit to: SEI Account #15828-mem
SEI Account Name: The Memorial Foundation Account #15828-MEM

8 Comments:

  • Lovely photo and final tribute to your mother michael. I did the online version and gave 5 bucks. I know it's not much but maybe it will help.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Friday, April 21, 2006  

  • Thanks so much! You're right, it WILL help!

    By Blogger Michael Salone, at Friday, April 21, 2006  

  • What a very nice and touching picture of your mother Michael. A lot of kindness and warmth illuminate her face. The people she took care of during her life were very fortunate. In that regard, the donation for the hospital is a very good idea, and we’ll be happy to contribute too. As for the blog she did when she traveled in Paris and Barcelona it’s really great: beautiful and interesting pictures. She captured very well the typical Parisian’s life (marché, brasseries, épiceries de quartier, macarons from La Durée…) and many more. All of them remind us many good memories.
    Thank you for sharing these grateful moments Jessie et au revoir,
    JM and Dorothée

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Friday, April 21, 2006  

  • Hey, first I want to ask if you prefer Michael, or if you like Mike or Mick or any of the other various nicknames. Nextly I just wanted to stop by and say hi and see what your mother was like. She had a lot of fun on last visit to Paris, huh? She reminds me of my grandmother, such a sweet woman.

    Anyways *hugs* to you from across the ocean.

    By Blogger Sasha, at Tuesday, April 25, 2006  

  • Hello Michael I am also a daily reader of PDP, and read many of your comments, hope your days are feeling a little brighter. Your mothers pictures are beautiful, one of my most favorite things to do is collect pictures from peoples blogs. Your mother gave me many great pictures I will enjoy for a long, long time. Your lucky to have them. God Bless! Jena; from Southern California

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Wednesday, April 26, 2006  

  • Dorothee - thank you. I miss your e-mails now that I'm back. How are you doing?

    soosha_q - I respond to either, but it's funny, my mother always said before I started school each year, "don't let the teacher call you Mike...your name is Michael". I have kind of transitioned back to Michael as I've gotten older because Mike just seemed to kid-like. Anyway...thanks for checking out mom's blog. She was always open to trying new things, which is probably what influenced me in life.

    Anonymous (Jena) - thanks for stopping by and enjoying the photos.

    By Blogger Michael Salone, at Thursday, April 27, 2006  

  • Dorothee - thank you. I miss your e-mails now that I'm back. How are you doing?

    soosha_q - I respond to either, but it's funny, my mother always said before I started school each year, "don't let the teacher call you Mike...your name is Michael". I have kind of transitioned back to Michael as I've gotten older because Mike just seemed to kid-like. Anyway...thanks for checking out mom's blog. She was always open to trying new things, which is probably what influenced me in life.

    Anonymous (Jena) - thanks for stopping by and enjoying the photos.

    By Blogger Michael Salone, at Thursday, April 27, 2006  

  • Michael, I didn't know how to get in touch with you. I did make a contribution to your mom's memorial fund. I'm sorry it took me so long to do so.

    Hope you're well.

    J.

    By Blogger buzzgirl, at Monday, May 08, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home